IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
BENEFITS OF AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
- Avoid taxes on transfers from your IRA to our organization
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
HOW AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER GIFT WORKS
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Wills and Bequests
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MAKING A BEQUEST?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
HOW DO I MAKE A BEQUEST?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or United Way Worldwide as part of your estate plan.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Charitable Gift Annuity
You may be tired of living at the mercy of the fluctuating stock and real estate markets. A charitable gift annuity is a gift made to our organization that can provide you with a secure source of fixed payments for life.
BENEFITS OF A CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY
- Receive fixed payments to you or another annuitant you designate for life
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax-free
- Further the charitable work of United Way with your gift
HOW A CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY WORKS
A charitable gift annuity is a way to make a gift to support United Way.
- You transfer cash or property to United Way.
- In exchange, we promise to pay fixed payments to you for life. The payment can be quite high depending on your age, and a portion of each payment may even be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable income tax deduction for the gift portion of the annuity.
- You also receive satisfaction, knowing that you will be helping further our mission.
If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity payment will be tax-free. You may also make a gift of appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax. Please contact us to inquire about other assets that you might be able to use to fund a charitable gift annuity.
If you have any questions about charitable gift annuities, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer your questions.